We have represented trade unions for almost 40 years. We pride ourselves on providing quick, efficient and affordable work to unions on all matters. We have extensive experience assisting both provincially and federally regulated unions with all labour relations matters, including:
- Grievance arbitration
- Strikes and lockouts
- Arbitration award reviews
- Unfair labour practice complaints
- Duty of fair representation complaints
- Certifications, decertifications and raids
- Successorship and common employer applications
- Essential service designations in both the public and private sectors
- Collective bargaining issues and strategies
- Employer bankruptcy
- Internal union matters, including drafting and interpreting constitutions and bylaws
We assist unions with grievance matters from the initial assessment of the merits of grievances and settlement possibilities through to conduct of arbitrations. We have extensive experience with a wide variety of collective agreement and human rights matters including contracting out issues, complex discipline and discharge grievances involving employees with drug and alcohol addictions, employees accused of abuse, harassment, and assault, duty to accommodate issues, promotions, selections, pensions and benefits, and arbitrations involving tort claims and the application of legislation.
We are able to provide immediate and comprehensive assistance on urgent labour injunction applications in court and at the Labour Relations Board including issues involving strikes, lockouts, and picketing.
We also assist unions with representing their members who have WorkSafeBC (Workers’ Compensation Board of BC) claims.